Critical to understanding CO MDI’s multilevel successes
CO MDI is being evaluated through the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Adult and Children Center for Outcomes Research and Dissemination Science. Patty Braun, MD MPH, leads the evaluation. The project manager is Katina Widmer-Racich.
The Colorado MDI project aims to:
- Prevent early childhood caries in young children.
- Improve child-level oral health characteristics of children.
- Improve parent-level oral health characteristics.
- Improve healthcare professional oral health characteristic.
- Identify multilevel factors that help or create barriers to integration.
- Create sustainable medical-dental integration business models.
- Assess the cost effectiveness of integrated care.
Grantees track monthly quality improvement metrics. The practice team helps each grantee develop systems to track these metrics if needed. Multilevel characteristics are measured within each practice over time.